Did you know?
- That CEMETARY NEWS by Bronx only had four issues. They renamed to SCRIPT and released issues 5 - 14 under the Clique label.
- That VIOLATION merged with VANDALISM NEWS. There was discussion of Violation issue #7, but the mag died and co-editor 8-Ball joined the staff of Vandalism News.
- GARFIELD NEWS renamed into SPLASH. It was issue #9 that was first named SPLASH.
- THE TRIBUNE used to be called Newsletter, in it's very early issues. The magazine was release 60 times, unfortunately the final issue, Tribune #60, was not spread well, we are still trying to locate it.
- That DOMINATION used a magazine outfit that is also used by the Polish only disk magazine by Elysium called ALWAYS. The outfit by Hain/Elysium was at one time intended for the Talent magazine SPOTLIGHT, but was given to Domination instead.
- Some magazines have 16 color graphics in the pages, such as a logo or picture. VANDALISM NEWS, ART VERTS and INGENIOUS BRAIN to name only a few.
- Many people regard SEX'N'CRIME as the first ever C64 disk magazine. They may have pioneered the disk mag concept, but other mags existed like INFLUX from FBR. There was a lot of mags you could read online the BOARDS only in ascii text.
- The famous magazine SHOCK was originally published on paper before going to disk under the Censor Design and Legend labels.
The last issue was number 13 (unlucky?) and the mag was going to have a farewell paper issue callled SHOCK UNPLUGGED, which was almost but not completed by Skater/Legend. At one time, rumours circulated that Mirage and other sceners were going to revive Shock, except focusing totally on the legal scene rather than illegal.
- ARISE 1,2,3, VIOLATION 1 and INSIDER 5 were paper magazines. All other issues of these magazines were on disk.
- The ALWAYS magazine by Elysium started at issue #19 instead of the usual issue number one. The Always mag started as a merger of two other mags - Highlife, which released 12 issues and Darkside which had 6 issues (18 issues combined, thus Always first issue was #19).
- Did you know that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles did three issues of a magazine called COWABUNGA which later renamed to SANFORIZED at issue four and came out under X-Rated?
- Did you know that the famous fake group BRAINBOMBS did a magazine also, coded by Jack Alien called THE ADDY CORNER.
- Did you know that the Polish magazine TRAWNIK released issues in the beginning in this order: #1, #2, #3, #16, #22, #6, #7? ;)
- Just before the TCC'93 party, where PROPAGANDA #10 was going to be released, Aslive and Airwolf turned up and showed Jucke and Newscopy 800 disks, all with Propaganda #10 ready to be sent out.
- The Australian disk magazine Epic was released in this order - issue one, two, four and five. Issue three was never released!
- When the group Spherical Designs died and their mag Outrage was left groupless. The mag staff decided to continue to release the mag under their new group called Trinomic. They also renamed the magazine to 'Genetic Dreams' and the first issue was edition #7, released in December 1991.
- Did you know that there was a fake issue of the
diskmag Propaganda #2, made by Remi Ebus/Mega Industries?
- The name of the diskmag ATROG had been formed like
this: ATrix ROle Guardian angels.
- That Domination was going to be a magazine released by Creators? Issue #19 was going to be released under this group along with forthcoming editions, however the mag died in order to give birth to Jazzcat's new magazine Recollection.